Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

On The Road Again Hodge Podge

Roadtripping Through The Hodgepodge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you've answered the questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then hop over and leave a comment for the person linking before you. Or leave a comment for everyone if you've got the time.

As a reminder-I'm declaring next week Fall Break in the Hodgepodge so no Wednesday Hodgepodge on October 18th. The Hodgepodge will return the following week, October 25th. Thanks for understanding.

1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!)
back east, down south, out west, up north
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.

I will rate myself at least a 5. I have gotten used to using my maps app on my phone, but I can still follow written directions and read a map.  I'm from down south/and back east(Florida), I live down south(Alabama), I love to head out west, and plan to do some traveling up north when I retire in May.

2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.  Yesterday I listened more than talked.  Remember I teach....so talking is what I do for a living. I prefer listening....so I can create your story in my head.  Is that typical? Typically I think I lean more to the talking side of things, but only when I am in my classroom.   Yesterday (Monday) in one word? Frustrating

3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?  Hands down....time.  Although I think we're all guilty of wasting time now and then, but most of the time wasting time means I have missed an opportunity.

4. Did  your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.  Our big vacations were always too see the family in Alabama.  It always bothered me that we vacationed in Alabama....instead of the cool places all my friends and family went.  One year my parents, my aunt and I stayed in a cabin on the Santee Cooper Reservoir in South Carolina and traveled the Blue Ridge Hwy.  I loved it. We also traveled through Florida a lot.  My favorite place we frequented was Sanibel Island, and I have been to all the places tourists go like Weekee Watchee, Silver Springs, Bach Tower, Cape Canaveral, Howie in the Hills.  My parents loved to wander....so I don't really call these vacations....they loved vintage stuff....they loved old, weird....off the grid places....and so do I.  I made sure though that my children had vacations.  We have been to 48 of the 50 states.

5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?  Orchids. They are so dainty and I just love them. My best friend's mom grew them and they were all over their back yard.  When I married she sent one to me in a tube to be attached to my bouquet and when her granddaughter married Mrs. Schmidt made me my very own orchid corsage for directing the wedding. 
I am in agreement with Joyce.  I would love a huge English garden....just like the one at Anne Hathaways house in England.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I write book reviews and just got the 50th anniversary edition of the book Christy.  The character in the story actually inspired me to teach.  Is there a book you have ever read that inspired something in you?  What was it?  Care to share?

No comments: