Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, September 18, 2017

Wordy Wednesday Hodge Podge


I would love to welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but the hurricane happenings have thrown me way behind so it did not happen. We ended up with more Irma effect in our area than was predicted, two days out of school....power stayed at our house....but not so much for many of our friends....and the school.  There were a lot of trees down and the ones that did not drop completely dropped so many leaves and branches all over the yard, but we'll deal.  I still have family and friends in Florida....and my heart is heavy with the needs of those who've lost homes, businesses, pets, and most especially their loved ones. I pray we can all continue to be good neighbors, helping one another in whatever way we're able.  Here are my answers to this week's questions. If you're playing along, add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then leave a comment for the blogger linking before you. Here we go-


1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
There are many pictures that inspire me to write.  There are many who bring back fond....and not so fond memories.  In my world...pictures speak with talking....and tell so many stories of good times I have had with family and friends.  

2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?  I have been(driving or being driven) the entire length of the PCH.  It was my very first bucket list.  I would do it again anytime.  Favorite stop?  You know me....it is plural....I  teach Spanish...so I loved visiting all the missions along the way.  San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara were my favorites.  I loved Ventura(be sure to stay at the Cliff House Inn....the views were amazing....I loved Venice Beach....Glass Beach is a must see....Chandelier Drive Tree Drive Through was pretty amazing as well.  There were so many things I would love to go back and repeat....BUT...there are still so many things on my bucket list.  I must go forth....and get the rest of the list taken care of....so I can add new things.

3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you think that is?  I look forward mostly, but occasionally looking back is a reminder of special times....Fall to winter is hard  for me.  I have lost too many loved ones during this period and it makes me a bit blue.

4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?  Grilled hamburgers/steaks if Frank is cooking.  Italian if we are at Pizzavilla, Emporers Plate at Mikatos in Auburn, Wings(Colorado Coppers) if we are in Knoxille/Charleston and Chicken Enchiladas Verde if I am at Tres Hermanos in Roanoke.  I never lie about my age.  I am what I am.

5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?  I am not as young as I used to be.  I have a new friend who has come to visit.  His name is Arthur Itus.  He is killing my left knee and right ankle....especially with all the rain we have been having.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.  You must see the movie A Case For Christ.  It is out on DVD and Blue Ray....and awesome.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad your power stayed on. My sisters was out for a couple of days. My dad's was out for a week! I do believe pictures are worth a thousand words. Our son graduated from UC Santa Cruz and we loved visiting there. Your drive sounds amazing! I have the DVD on our Netflix list.