Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 17, 2017

By His Grace

While preparing for my Easter Sunrise Sermon I found myself in the book of Ephesians and Ephesians 2:8-9 stuck in my head and heart all week.  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast"
On Friday and Saturday I received 10 pieces of junk mail from credit card companies and car dealerships telling me that I’d been “pre-approved” for a line of credit. This trash mail makes me so tired.  I did not even open any of Saturday's mail because I threw it all in the trash can.  As I was looking at each envelope I thought about the fact that this mail may wear me out but I knew of something I’d never get tired of: God telling me that I’ve been pre-approved to be His child. Before Jesus began his earthly ministry, He traveled to the Jordan to be baptized by his cousin John. As soon as He came up out of the water, the heavens opened, the Spirit descended, and God spoke. “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17).  Is that not amazing?  I think it is.  Before Jesus even performed the first miracle, preached the first sermon, or called the first disciple, God made sure that His identity was clear. He was accepted, approved, and completely loved. This makes me smile.....because so am I.....and so are you.  I have so many Christian friends who work so hard to earn acceptance and approval.....and guess what guys...Jesus has already taken care of that.  I am not telling you to stop doing your best....but I am telling you that you don't have to earn acceptance.  You already have it!  The problem is that the devil will do anything and everything he can to keep you from believing that truth. Make no mistake about it, Satan knows that you are a chosen, holy, dearly loved child of God who has been created to fulfill a great purpose that God has planned for you. He knows it, and he hates it. His goal is to keep you from believing it. And if he can keep you from believing the truth about your new identity, then he has won.  Who are you going to believe?  Whatever voice you listen to will determine your destiny.....and personally myself I don't want to never make it to my Promised Land....I am all about keeping on towards the land of milk and honey.  There is a military slogan that says...."Be all you can be" and believe me that is what I want to do....I want to "Be what I have been called by God to be" don't you?  There are many days when Satan gets in my head and heart and messes with them.  It is on those days I have to affirm just who I am......1.  I am His daughter and if you are a faithful follower and believer in Christ so are you.
2.  I am someone whom He loves...and dearly.  3.  I am someone with whom He is well pleased....at least most days.  You know, I can never thank my Heavenly Father enough for loving me and for helping me to walk in the confidence of a woman of faith who is truly loved.  This pre-approval is not junk mail.  It is the real deal and for that I am thankful every day of my life.  How about you?

No comments: