Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Last November Hodge Podge

Welcome to the end of November and the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Raise your hand if your autumn flew by in the blink of an eye. If you've answered today's questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post. And be sure to leave a comment for the blogger linking before you because the best way to spread Christmas cheer is commenting loud for all to hear...something like that. Okay here we go-


1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving).
Blessed with a huge mess in a shared nest.
2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?  It is a common phrase in my family.   We're more the merrier kind of people.  One year we packed over 30 of us in my cousins town house apt for the holidays. It was wall to wall beds....but loads of love. This year we rented a condo that sleeps six for us to spend Thanksgiving in....we were planning on throwing down an air mattress and sleeping eight....but at the last minute my cousin and her friend took her camper and camped near us.  It was a good idea.  Eight would have been too much.
3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?  Embark on an adventure, make sure you have things to do....at least 26 when you retire.  Don't wait to do things....do them now.
4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?   Green beans, boiled red potatoes, boiled cabbage, and red ripe summer tomatoes! 
5. Shop til you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?
When I was younger I've shopped til I dropped.  I don't enjoy it any more.  I definitely do not enjoy Black Friday.  I shop all year so I am pretty much done by Thanksgiving.  I have now become a couple of hours kind of shopper.
6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?  My recliner.  I can see out the French doors from it, I can see the Christmas tree, I can read, I can relax.  Love my little corner of the den.
7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.  I grew up in church too and was not the child that needed prodding to attend. I loved it, and still do. My parents did not send me to church.  They took me to church.  They modeled faith for me.  Christmas was a holy time in my house and it revolved around Christ's birth.  Every night my dad would read from the Bible some part of the birth story.  I did the same with my kids.
8. Insert your own random thought here.  I am going to borrow Joyce's random thought.....If you're a person who prays please remember the firefighters, emergency personnel, and residents of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, and the surrounding Smoky Mountain area of East Tennessee where fires have devastated the beautiful landscape and many homes, buildings, and schools. The high winds yesterday contributed to the rapid spread and the photographs are devastating. It's a part of the country so near and dear to the Korb's hearts, and we have family  and dear friends not far from there. 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cute rhyme! I don't fall into that "the more the merrier" because I like to be prepared. Yum on the veggie plate. I just adore cabbage. I'm glad your parents modeled your faith.