Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Racing Time Hodge Podge

Here we are doing another Hodge Podge.  You know the routine.  You read, you answer, you post on Joyce's blog by clicking here.  Then....you hop over and visit a few and give them some bloggy loving.   

1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?  I like the make your own cookbook and the letter writing.  I think I will add letter writing to my August and I better hurry because August is half over.  I used to love writing letters to people....I wonder what happened?  Oh yeah....email.

2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain. Agree.  If we had everything we wanted, we would not be happy.  Most people who get all they want are miserable.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.  I love it!  My best finds were a first edition John Grisham book and  a rare edition Shakespeare book.  I know you are all going....what????  I was teaching English at the time and this book was a big help.  I truly believe that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

4.  On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?  Mine is a 10+.  Any vacation from school from one day to a month...I love to pack a bag and hit the road.

5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?  Marathon.....Somethings just seems to go on and on........but...there are a few sprints thrown in there to keep life interesting.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?  I need to get ;my fall decorations spruced up and make a few more.

7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? Traveled to Michigan.

8. Second week of school is half over.  Is it just me or does time seem to be moving faster? 

4 comments:

April said...

Good for you on your thrift store finds, Karen! I've never been that lucky. For the most part, I enjoying browsing. Yes, time does seem to move remarkably fast, anymore.

Stacy said...

I used to love writing and receiving long, newsy letters. I kept writing longer than most, but other than to my grandmother, I finally stopped because no one ever bothered to write back. Emails and now Facebook, Twitter, and the rest have made letters a thing of the past. We can see what's happening in each other's lives the same day it happened by turning on the computer or swiping the screen on our phones. Most of the time I'm not really sure it's progress. I feel like we've lost a lot.

Cranberry Morning said...

Fun to hear from a fellow wanderluster. Lol I can't imagine not wanting to get out there and see other places. As for school, it seems like it starts awfully early. When I was a kid, school started around August. Now I think schools around here start after Labor Day. Have a great Wednesday.

Nonnie said...

It isn't just you. Time does seem to be moving faster. I like your thrift store finds. In going through old photos the other day, I also found old letters. That is one thing I looked forward to each day - going to the mailbox and finding letters. I hope you have a feat school. Year.