Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Happy Birthday Momma

Today would have been my mom's 87th birthday.  There will be no party...no cake....no gifts.  I am traveling home with Amanda and Susan from Michigan. We went to one of my mom's favorite places....Mackinac Island.  She loved this place and I can see why.  I wish I could have experienced it with her....just once....but...there are no regrets.  I know sometimes people who lose a loved one seem to stay frozen in time....I haven't....my mom has been gone for 4 years....but....I will say....there are still many times I would love to pick up the phone and call her.....just to talk.  Sometimes I wish there were phones in heaven.  Sigh!  I spoiled my mom....on her 60th birthday I took her to see Robert Goulet at TPAC in Nashville.  He was King Arthur in Camelot.  Many years before she had wanted to see him as Sir Lancelot ....in New York.....it didn't happen....so I made arrangements for the second best thing to happen.  I even made arrangements for her to meet him afterwards. She was in seventh heaven.....and told me I never had to buy her another birthday gift EVER!  My mom suffered with Alzheimers....so that was a statement she would never remember....on her 70th birthday I arranged for her to fly in a helicopter....one of her bucket list things.  She had a ball.   I am glad she got to do those things....shortly after that...Alzheimer's took hold and my mom began to dwindle and gifts were not as exciting a they once were....if she even remembered there was a special occasion that warrented a gift.  Thanks for letting me ramble a bit and remember mom......I hate Alzheimers!

No comments: