Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Clowns And Foolish People


Do you like clowns? I surely do if they are happy clowns. They make me laugh. They are so funny! They do things that make themselves appear to be quite foolish. Maybe that's why I laugh -- I feel like I am smarter than the clowns. They appear goofy and funny.
 You know….Jesus said that the same thing happens with the cross. (Point to a cross in the church building or on oneself or another.) This is important to me and to all believers because it is the symbol of all that Jesus said, did, and promised. Because of the cross, I know I am saved. I know I am one of God's children.

 But…there are people who don’t believe in the cross….and it makes me sad.  When I think of the foolishness of the cross to unbelievers, I think of the foolishness a clown is to me. To a cowboy in a rodeo, the clown is not so foolish. The clown might be the one who will save his life. The clown often gets the cowboy to safety.  How many of you saw the clown do this at the rodeo.

Read to you from 1 Corinthians 1:18, 22-25

No comments: