Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Bountiful Hodge Podge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Answer the questions on your own blog, then jump back here and add your link at the end of Joyce's  post. Be sure you say howdy to your neighbor on the list, because that's how we roll here on Wednesdays. Here we go-
 
1.  Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
I like to think I influence my world....but that is not always the case...sometimes the world gets a hold of me and I cannot seem to break free from the rip tide.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
I keep one in my purse and constantly am measuring.  The last time I used mine was at Home Depot last weekend.  I am blessed beyond measure with my family and friends. 

3.  The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?  I'm going to agree with Joyce and say The Hundred Acre Wood. I too like the beauty found in nature, and the wisdom of Pooh and company. The Hundred Acre Wood seems like a peaceful place to take a break from the chaos, anger, name calling, and political rhetoric we're confronted with on a regular basis.  Well said Joyce, well said.

4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?  In the car, sitting outside, at the beach, in the mountains and at Cades Cove in the Smokies.

5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?  Food Network and Hallmark Movies.  I can't wait for the Olympics to start.

6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.  I grew up at the Beach, we would pack picnic lunches and go spend the day there.  I can remember my mom always telling me not to go swimming for an hour after I ate. I never understood why, but found myself telling my own children the same thing when we lived at Lake Martin.

7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.  The acronym ASAP means Always say a Prayer to me.  Prayer is a big thing in my life.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Have you ever been to Mackinac Island in Michigan?...or Traverse City?  I was there last week on a girl trip and it was awesome.  If you have never been....you should go.  It takes you back to another day and time.  Vehicles are not allowed.  You will see walkers, horse drawn carriages, and bikes.  There are 4 vehicles allowed:  1 police car, 2 ambulances, and 1 fire truck.
Arch rock

The porch at the Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel

Island View

 

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't know how it happened but I am not familiar with The Hundred Acre Woods at all. Never really got into Winnie the Pooh. I love the Hallmark movies. Watched the new Christmas one last night and some new ones coming up. My husband and I honeymooned on Mackinac Island back in 1972. Haven't been back since but we should go again someday.

Nonnie said...

I love the ASAP, prayer is very important to me, too. I have never visited Mackinac Island, but our kids are on their way now. Maybe that is someplace my DH and I need to visit. It sounds wonderful.