Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Kaids First Birthday

 

 
Today the Rock Mills Gang will be celebrating Kaid McCarley's first birthday.  Is he not the cutest thing.  Lyndi is doing a Mickey Mouse themed party and I was asked to make 6 table decorations.  Pinterest was my choice of picking out some ideas and I found the perfect centerpiece.  This is what the Pinterest one looked like. 
Yesterday, I made the six centerpieces.  The Pinterest one called for styrofoam balls painted black to be the head....BUT, when I painted the balls...a strange snap, crackle, pop sound began.  The paint was making the balls shrink.  Fortunately I have a husband who can do scroll saw work, I printed off a clip art Mickey head and he cut me 6.  Here is my finished product.

Whoever said DIY was cheaper than buying was not 100% .  I have 100.00 invested in these six table centerpieces...just in materials!  I wonder how much they would have cost to buy them already made?  Just asking.  I loved making them and it really put the fire for crafting back in me.
 
 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is adorable. Happy Birthday Kaid! Cute party idea.