Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June Newsletter on Father's Day

I was searching for something for the June newsletter for Ms. Judy when I found this wonderful devotional on cambellsvilleemmaus.com. It said everything I wanted to say about Father's Day so I thought I would share it with you today as we kick off the month of June.  "When I think about Father’s Day I think about my own Dad and our heavenly Father. When I was young my relationship with my Dad was different than after I grew up, got married and had a family of my own.
My relationship with God is different now than it was when I was growing up. I was always taught to love God because He first loved me and I did. About 15 years ago I realized it wasn’t about how much I loved God, where I went to Church or how often I did. It was that moment when I realized “just how much that He LOVES me.”
When Frank and I look at our grandchildren playing we have so much love and pride. We think to ourselves. We’ve got the cutest and smartest grandkids EVER. When they don’t do what we tell them our love for them doesn’t change. We just take the time to show them why and how it is to their benefit that they listen to our instruction. No matter what they do right or wrong our love for them never changes. We have loved them since the time that they were in their Mother’s womb.
Then I think about our heavenly FATHER. When I am going through my day and asking Him to give me direction in what I am doing or if I am not seeking Him for direction “He loves me just the same.” I don’t have to be PERFECT to receive His love, because HE LOVES ME. HE CHOSE ME. That is such a freeing realization for me.
As you celebrate Father’s day this month, I pray that our Heavenly Father will reveal Himself to you in such a way that you know… that you know… that you know… that you are LOVED BY HIM!
Blessings,
Karen

No comments: