Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

It's The Good Old Summertime Hodge Podge

Here we are with the last week of June Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you play along then you know the routine...Answer on your own blog then hop over to Joyce's blog by clicking here to add your link to the party. Oh! Be sure to comment on someone else's post.  See you there! 



 1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?  June is the best month for me because my summer break has just started, it is my daughter's birthday, in fact I have a lot of special June birthday's and anniversaries.  I always go to the beach in June.  August is my least favorite.....I start back to school on August 1.2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?  Yes, I can swim.  I learned through swimming lessons at the YWCA in West Palm Beach.  I held my Junior and Senior life guarding certificates.  I own one pair of sunglasses....they re prescription glasses.3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?  For me it is the lack of patience and self-control.  Sometimes my mouth overloads my brain.  For others it would be  ignorance.  There is no reason on this earth for people to delight in being ignorant and allow their children to follow suit.4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you? Literally....Route 66 from start to finish, roads west....as far as Alaska, the Ultimate cover the whole USA Road trip (as seen on Facebook).  You know...See the USA in your Chevrolet.
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor? Popsicles....I can take them or leave them.  I like fruity tastes if I eat one. I do not like those juice things in plastic that you buy by the 100's in a box for things like VBS.
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?  I am about a 6.  I know just enough to be dangerous. It is news I will follow and it will impact my life....so far it has impacted my retirement a bit because of the stock market shift.7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list. Summer Time by Ella Fitzgerald.
And the Beach Boys Surfin' U.S.A.

8. Insert your own random thought here.   What is your favorite summer memory?  I hope you will share one with me.  Mine is going to the beach and then stopping in at A & W for a root beer and one of their little hamburger sliders. 

No comments: