Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Daddy's Hands.


“And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9
 
What is Jesus telling us when He says “call not man your father on earth?” We celebrate Father’s Day every year because Daddy’s are a special gift given to us by God. Jesus is not saying that we cannot call your Dad Daddy. No, you keep calling him Daddy.

But, Jesus is pointing us to an even greater special gift. You see, God created everything in the universe and God created you and your parents and brothers and sisters and me.  Whenever we repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus Christ alone, we are adopted into Jesus’ family.
Do you know what that makes God to us? That makes Him our Daddy! This is what Jesus is saying when He says, “For you have one Father, who is in heaven.” When we are adopted through our faith into God’s family, He becomes a Daddy to us and we then get all of the benefits of being a child of God!

 

No comments: