Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Z Is For Zorba The Greek...

On this final day of my musical themed 2016 April A-Z Blog Challenge I have decided to leave you with two songs.  One is childish and funny and the other is a beautiful theme song from an old 1960's Anthony Quinn movie.  Z is for Zorba the Greek and Zip-a-dee -do-dah. "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" is a song composed by Allie Wrubel with lyrics by Ray Gilbert from the Disney 1946 live action and animated movie Song of the South, sung by James Baskett. For "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah", the film won the Academy Award for Best Original Song[and was the second in a long line of Disney songs to win this award, after "When You Wish upon a Star" from Pinocchio (1940). In 2004 it finished at number 47 in AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema.
The song Zorba the Greek comes from the movie with the same title.  There are no lyrics.  It is a dance that Anthony Quinn teaches a young man. 
This month has been a whole lot of fun.  I hope next year you will think about joining us on the A-Z Challenge!  See you next April.
 

1 comment:

It's me. said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge!

Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com