Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 28, 2016

X Is For Xanadu

Today's letter for my musical themed A-Z Challenge is X.  My X is for Xanadu by Olivia Newton John.   "Xanadu" is the title song from the soundtrack album Xanadu, and is the title song from the 1980 film of the same name. A rare collaboration for ELO, the song is performed by the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) and Olivia Newton-John. Xanadu was  a film that was originally conceived as a relatively low-budget roller disco picture. As a number of prominent, A-list performers joined the production, it evolved into a much larger project, while retaining rollerskating as a recurring theme, especially in the final scenes of the club's opening night.   The single reached number 1 in several countries (AUT, BEL,GER, IRL, ISR, NL,NOR, ESP, UK), and was the band's only UK number 1 single. The song peaked at number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100.  I don't know if you saw this film but  for me it was a huge flop.  I loved the music.  My momma used to say that there is something redeeming about everything.  Happy Thursday!
 

No comments: