Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, April 22, 2016

S Is For Somewhere Over The Rainbow


It is another day in my A-Z Blog Challenge Music Theme and my song today is an oldy but a goodie.  S is for Somewhere Over The Rainbow.  I am sharing two versions today.  The first one is by Judy Garland and has to be my most favorite.  She sang it in the movie, Wizard of Oz.  "Over the Rainbow" (often referred to as "Somewhere over the Rainbow") is a ballad, with music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg.  It was written for the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz, and was sung by actress Judy Garland in her starring role as Dorothy Gale. The song won the Academy Award for the Best Original Song and became Garland's signature song, as well as one of the most enduring standards of the 20th century.The second is by Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo'Oleand I like it too, because I love ukelele music.... although it did have to grow on me a bit.  I hope you enjoy my Friday contribution to the letter S.
 

No comments: