Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, February 25, 2016

So Close To Spring.....Yet Still So Far Away

The beginning of 2016 has been one of the rainiest and grayest ones I can ever remember. I hate to complain about the rain because I know we will be praying for rain later on, but goodness!  With all of the rain we have found that we need a new roof on the parsonage, my classroom and several others have leaks at my home school, and I cannot seem to shake the blues. 
 
Yesterday on my way home in the fierce wind and the rain I looked up and there was a gorgeous rainbow....it seemed to be right over my house....but it disappeared before I could get home and tell Frank about this awesome sight. 
 
Today is supposed to be a really nice day, cool....heck who am I kidding....it was 35 when I left for school...it is cold.  Yesterday the wind was blowing like a fiend....so I guess there is a plus to this day....it is not windy.   I am dreaming of the days when it is warm enough to sit outside.  The sun popped its head out yesterday....briefly....and it snowed.....so not a great day for propping my feet up and getting some rays.   I am so ready for warmer weather and sunny days!  I am so ready for our annual Memorial Day week trip to Panama City Beach.  I am going to cook myself on the white Gulf sands and take a ton of books to read while I am doing this.
Driftwood Resort, Panama City Beach, Florida
School is winding down and my seniors are definitely experiencing Senioritis.  They don't want to do anything. They have 53 school days until graduation. One month until spring break, and then it is a downhill ride after that. I could retire....but I still am loving what I do....so why quit?  I know there will come a day when I will know it is time....but right now, today, is not the day.  I guess that's about it for now. Have a GREAT day!
... happiness among all the smiley face happy face and put on a happy face

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about all the rain. I love when God sends a Rainbow! Hope the weather improves and all the leaks get fixed.