Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Gimme's



How many of you have ever had a case of the “Gimmes?”  I have…when I was a little girl I wanted a Shirley Temple doll.  I know you all don’t know who that is…but she was a big deal actress when I was a child.  It was getting close to Christmas….and I wanted this doll.  I remember sitting on Santa’s lap…and when he asked me, “what do you want for Christmas?”….I remember saying, “Gimme a Shirley Temple doll”…..and then seeing my mom’s scowling face….I added…please.  That was all I wanted…no more…..no less.  About a month before Christmas….my mom made me clean out my toys and donate them to the Salvation Army.  I had to give away 10 things.  I thought that was crazy…..I was only asking for one doll….but I did as she said….all though the time leading up to Christmas when we went to the store….my mom all I could say was :Gimme this…or Gimme that….and my mom would tell me…it was too close to Christmas.  Now I am older….now Christmas is more fun for me to give to others.  I don’t need anything…God takes care of me….he takes care of you all too.  So…today I want you to listen to the story I am going to tell the church about a rich young ruler…who had it all…..but he had nothing!

No comments: