Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, August 10, 2015

Working The Polls

Today, is the second day of inservice/training for teachers, but I am not there.  I am working the polls.  I was up and at the fire station by 6:05.  We got the signs out and waited on the clock to hit the magic hour....7:00.  Today we are voting on a one cent sales tax so we can keep a hospital in the county.  This has been pretty controversial and I am interested to see how the voters turn out.  I guessed that only about 75 of the registered voters would show...we actually had 125....but the 125th one did not get to vote....she showed up at 7:01 and the polls were already closed.  We registered 124.  I enjoy the social time with Sherry, Louise, and Kelli.  I learn a lot about what is happening in Rock Mills.  After the polls closed we took care of business at hand and then Sherry and I took our materials to Wedowee.  I got home right at 8:45.  It was a long day.  Sleep came easy for me and I believe I was out by 9:30.  This prep week of school takes a lot out of me.

No comments: