Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Last July Wednesday Hodge Podge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Just a reminder there will not be any Hodgepodge next week (August 4/5). Joyce and her family will be wrapping up some travel here and then making their way south, aka moving, so I'll need a break.  The HP will be back the week after (August 11/12) so check back then for a new set of questions. We're here today though, so let's get started.  Once you answer the questions and want to get them posted hop over to Joyce's blog and link up.


1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?  I struggle the most with facing my fears head on.  Sometimes I have to get a do over when it comes to that.  
  2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I am with Joyce....a manicure perhaps....or a nice hot cup of coffee from Starbucks for both my husband and me. 
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
I would have to say round trip.  We have taken two short mini vacays; one in June to Tennessee and one in July, to South Carolina.  We will be leaving for one more tonight after revival and we are heading South.
 4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?  I would love to learn to play the mandolin and banjo.  I would use that skill in my performances.  I think they would add a nice sound.  When I retire that is one of the 26 items I have down to accomplish.  I also want to learn to scroll saw.
  5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?  I have not been swimming so far this summer which is so sad, but I am taking my swimsuit when we head south tonight. I hear a pool calling my name.  I have not eaten an ice cream cone.  I am a diabetic and those are not on my list of good eats.  Frank
 and I saw Pitch Perfect 2.  It was good, at least the music was, and the ending.  I have not camped, nor have I stayed at a Motel ....which is my idea of camping.  I have eaten corn on the cob.  I have deliberately unplugged.  I watched a bit of a ball game, I have picked some fruit off the vine....and eaten it....we are juicing now.....so fruit is important.  I have read several books since I do reviews on my blog, and we have taken a road trip to Knoxville, Greenville so far and since school starts in a week we are plugging in a trip to the beach starting tonight after revival.  We should arrive at our hotel around 1AM.  
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
Here are a few things I'd like to hear every candidate address, both sides of the fence or no side of the fence- (I am using a few of Joyce's questions because I have the same ones.)
  • What are the two biggest issues facing America today?
  • Tell me why I should believe you're going to do what you say you're going to do. 
  • Do you support a pathway to citizenship for illegals currently living in the US? 
  • What about illegals brought here as minors? Do you support in-state college tuition for illegals brought here as minors?
  • In a few short sentences tell me what America means to you.
  • How do you feel about limiting Senator and Representative terms to just two?
  • What will you do to help our veterans?
  • What are your feelings on OBAMA Care and socialized medicine? 
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?  I love this song!

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.  Does your town, state, have tax free school shopping days?  Do you ever utilize them?  As a teacher who can only claim around 250.00 or the 1500.00+ I spend on my class each year I definitely do.  I don't usually buy high ticket items.  I get things I need for my class to begin school with....things for some reason students don't bring to class with them....I buy pencils and pens (I went through over 500 last year), paper, notebooks, notebook paper, construction paper, Kleenex(it amazes me how many of them my students use to blow their nose one time), paper towel, etc.

 

 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like your goal of playing the mandolin and banjo. Yes, I thought Joyce's questions were perfect a candidate. Enjoy your trip to the beach.