Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, June 6, 2015

What Then Is Joy?


My children's message for Sunday is about Joy and how it differs from Happiness.  My sermon is going to be about Joy and my scripture will be taken from 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1.  I was having a grumpy day.  No matter what I did I just could not seem to shake it.  I tried to work on my sermon and nothing was there.  I finally found myself humming a little children's song I learned in VBS when I was a child and the next thing I knew I had a sermon and a joyful heart. 
Do you know what the definition of Happiness is?

Websters says happiness is  a noun that means…..

1. the quality or state of being happy.

2.  good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

But today I am not going to talk about happy….I want to ask you….do you know what Joy means?

When it is used as a noun  it means: 

1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation:

2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated:

3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.

4. a state of happiness or felicity.

When it is used as a verb it means:

5.  to be glad; rejoice.

Do you feel Joy today?  When things go wrong in your life….do you feel  Joy?  Joy should always be deep in your heart because of Jesus.  We are going to sing a song today about Joy….I know you know it….so will you sing with me. 
(Sing I've Got The Joy.....)

 

No comments: