Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Praying As Children

The Point of my lesson today is:  Jesus models a life of prayer for us to follow.



How many of you say a prayer before you eat? I am happy to see that almost all of you do.  When we pray before we eat, we are thanking God for all the things we need.  Our food, our air, our homes, and especially our families that love us and support us.

How many of you say a prayer at bed time or maybe when you get up in the morning?  When we pray in the evening, we give thanks to God for bringing us safely through the day.  It is a special time to ask Jesus to forgive us for the things that we did that weren't kind or loving or were disobedient.

Prayer is a very important part of our lives.  I brought with me this morning my prayer cross.  When I have my private prayer time I hold this cross in my hand while I pray.  The base of my cross is where I hold when I am praying for all the things I am thankful for.  The right arm is the one I hold when I pray for my family.  The top is when I pray for my sins and ask for forgiveness, and the left arm is the one I use to pray for friends and people I do not know.  Some people use other things to hold when they pray….and others use nothing….the important thing to remember….is to pray….daily.  Can you do that for me?



 

 

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

I enjoyed reading your post Karen, Prayer is most important although since my younger days have gone by the wayside a bit.
Yvonne.