Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Graduation Hodge Podge

Welcome to your weekly dose of Hodgepodge. Thanks for playing along...if you've answered the questions today, add your link at the end of my post then go say hi to your neighbors. Here we go-

 1. Did you make someone laugh yesterday? Was it intentional?  I did not laugh or make anyone laugh yesterday.  It is the last week of school and tensions are running high.  There may be laughter after graduation ceremonies tonight....but yesterday....not happening.
2. What's a simple question with a complicated answer?   How are you?
3. Rhododendrons or azaleas...you have to choose. Are any currently blooming in your yard?  Azaleas would have to be my answer.  None are blooming in my yard right now...but they have bloomed recently.


 4.  May 21st is National Waitstaff Day. Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress? How would you rate the experience? What was the best/worst part of the job?
I have worked as a waitress several times in my life.  I have worked in dives, in a bar and grill, at a nice restaurant.  I enjoyed the money and the experience for the most part.  There are good memories and not so good ones.  I hate the smell of grease to this day.   It gave me an appreciation for my waiter/waitress....and I know that all waitstaff does not get paid minimum wage.  Many of them make waitstaff wage...which is a whole lot lower and tips are very much appreciated. 
5.  What fashion trend for women should be outlawed? How about one for men?
I have to agree with Joyce on her answer.  I hate it when I see a man's underwear because their pants are hanging to their knees.  For women I hate seeing bellys, busts, and stuff....Ladies...look at yourself in the mirror....Don't wear these clothes.
6. Name a writer who inspires you...now tell us why.  Dr. Seuss.  It is graduation week and I have heard many references to Oh The Places You'll Go.  I think it applies to us all at whatever stage of life we are in. 
7.  What well known quote or saying sums up your plans for today or this week?  Ok, so this week I need more than a quote.  I need the whole poem.
 
1. The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:
              People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
            If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
            If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
           If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
            What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
            If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
            The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
         Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
         In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa
 8.  Insert your own random thought here.  I have two this week.  What do you remember about your graduation?  How long has it been?  I am celebrating my 43rd year as a high school graduate.  My second one is to remember that Memorial Day is more than a time for bbqing.  It is a time to remember those who have given their lives so that we can still be free.  I agree with Joyce...if you have never been to Arlington....you need to put that at the top of your bucket list.  If you have never seen the Vietnam Wall, the Korean monument, and all the others...you must go to Washington D.C.  It will touch your life forever and you will never be the same again. 

5 comments:

Joyce said...

The Mother Teresa bit is one of my all time favorites, and something I try to keep in mind always. I don't remember much about my actual ceremony, but I do remember going to dinner with my family afterwards at a fancy restaurant (something we didn't do often).

Paula said...

The most complicated part of the question "How are you?" is that most people are just really not interested. That is why I just simply say "Fine". Loved reading your answers!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great question. I often say fine when asked that question yet if I actually answered it I could go on and on....
I love that quote from Mother Teresa. I have not been to Arlington but I definitely would like to go there. I remember both of my graduations, 8th grade and High School.

Wendy said...

Lovely quote from Mother Teresa. Hope you will soon find time to laugh.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Why didn't I think of that simple question/complicated answer?

Excellent choice!