Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 4, 2015

2015 A-Z April Challenge - D Is For The Death of Christ



Yesterday was the day Christ was crucified. It was Good Friday.  For those who are non-believers I can imagine that you are asking yourselves why Christians would call this day good.  It is good because it was the day Christ died for our sins....my sins....your sins. 
GOOD FRIDAY: Good Friday is a solemn remembrance of what took place upon the cross of Calvary between the hours of  9 and 3.  It is also a time to recount the last seven phrases spoken by Christ…..from the cross as he died.   JESUS SAID, "FATHER FORGIVE THEM" (LUKE 23:34), "TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE" (LUKE 23:43), "WOMAN, HERE IS YOUR SON” (JOHN 19:26-27), "MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" (MARK 15:34),"I AM THIRSTY" (JOHN 19:28), "IT IS FINISHED" (JOHN 19:30),  AND "INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMEND MY SPIRIT" (LUKE 23:46).  He was taken outside the city walls to die….That place was Golgotha…The place of the skull.  He carried the sins of the world on his shoulders, he is nailed to the cross, abandoned by the Father…and left to die.  Jesus died on the cross, his work fully complete, and the need for sacrifices are no more.  That is why we refer to it as Good Friday.  That is why today I say, "It is Friday, but Sunday is coming."  Amen and Amen!


No comments: