Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge -Vol 211

Grrr...it's the first week of March. We have another possibility for snow, ice, and of course the answers to the  Hodgepodge questions. Answer on your own blog, then come back  to add your link to the party by clicking here and heading over to Joyce's blog.  See you there!



1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true  where you live?  It usually does.  Sunday, March 1st here was blustery and drizzled all day.  Today is the third and it has been foggy, gray, and rainy since the first....and tomorrow we have a possibility for snow/ice along the I-20 corridor.
2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most?   Here we go...learnt, oncet, twicet, chirren, seen, they're, their, there. 
3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you?  I little realist/optimist.  I do expect it to change.....but will adjust the sails if need be until then.
4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month?  Spring cleaning and getting my parent's house ready to sell.
5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording? Dust first and then vacuum.  I dislike dusting because everything has to be moved and then put back.
6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Fransisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City. How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph?  I have actually photographed.....Cinderella's castle, both by day and by night, the Southernmost House in Key West, The Space Needle - inside and out, The Lincoln Memorial in D.C., Niagara Falls, day and night from both sides,
 (In the picture they are setting up for Nick Wallenda's crossing, see the rainbow off the falls.  This is made from out hotel window., and the Guggenheim in NYC.  There are so many more places I think are worthy of this list and I really don't care if I photograph the ones I missed.  There are so many other places I have yet to shoot.  Have camera will travel is my motto. 
7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie?  I have seen it many times.  I own it.  I love it....and would have to give it a 10+.  My favorite scene is when they are trying to escape and singing in the concert...and when she and the children are on the mountain in their play clothes.  Who am I kidding....I love the whole movie. 
8. Insert your own random thought here.  I spent all day in the hospital waiting room while Frank had surgery.  When I got home last night I was wiped out.  Which makes you the most tired.....working 8 hours at your job....or waiting in a waiting room?

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I was kind of surprised the Grand Canyon wasn't on the list. I think waiting is exhausting in a different way than work-tired. Hope your hubs is recovering well!

katie eggeman said...

Waiting rooms are awful and you have to wait usually longer than expected worrying.
Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wishing your success with your Spring cleaning and selling your parents house. I also dust and then vacuum. I have a lot of collectibles so dusting is not a favorite of mine. Love the rainbow. Waiting is never easy. Hope all is well with Frank.