Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Auld Lang Syne Hodge Podge For 2014

Welcome to the last HP in 2014, but no worries...there will be plenty more random fun in the new year. Just not next week. Next week Joyce will be in full on post wedding mode, so no Hodgepodge January6/7. The HP will be back to it's regular posting schedule the following week-January 13/14.   I hope the wedding is fairy tale and cannot wait to share it through posts and pictures.  Now for this week's questions...Happy New Year everyone!  Click here to join in and play.


1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
Any one of them that involved my children when they were munchkins.  Best one ever was when we gave them their "Big Present" in a small box....and they discovered we were leaving for Disney World early the next morning.

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?  Griefus....I am 60.  The end of Camelot(for those to young to remember - the end of the Kennedy era), 9/11, moon walking, the end of Vietnam, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Cuban Missile Crisis, ....9//11 impacted the way life was and will never be again.

3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?  I love the color. I do not have it on any wall in my house....I live in a parsonage....plain white walls. I do use it in decorating pieces.  I have a bed spread that is marsala, green, and gold.  It is beautiful.  I have not added the color to my wardrobe yet.

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

I have a great grandchild and she lights up my life.  I would love to meet my ancestors...prior to coming to America.  I have so many questions.

5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?  It is ok to move your cheese.  I left a job of 25 years and began a new one....and am having a blast.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?  The gifts Frank and I purchased for Galina.  We bought her Christmas and met many new people getting it to Brigadoon so it could be mailed to Moldova.  It was just like being Santa when the kids were little.

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?  Traveling more.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Here is to everyone.....Happy 2015 to you all!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That must have been an awesome Christmas surprise! I said Great Grandchildren but I like you idea of meeting ancestors before they came to the United States. Traveling more sounds wonderful. May all your blessings be abundant in 2015.