Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Let's Fall by Julia Bettencourt


While looking for a fall devotion I came upon a wonderful one called, Let's Fall! by Julia Bettencourt.  You know “Fall is such a great season. I love it mostly because of that puff of coldness I feel at the first sign of its approaching. After a long summer that crisp air that comes in the fall just feels so good and invigorates you. I know my spiritual life is always in need of some invigorating too. I want my life to be full of the invigorating power of Christ.”  How can we keep that power continually at our fingertips.

F-     Fellowship With Christ (and With Other Christians).  There's nothing like a strong devotional life to help me to be spurred on to be what I should be for Christ. Fellowshipping with Him in prayer, reading and knowing His Word, and keeping my life from sin is imperative if I want His power on my life.  "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."    Romans 6:12,13  "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."    Psalm 119:11  Having a relationship with other Christians around me will also encourage me in my walk with the Lord.  "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."    Colossians 3:16

A-    Abiding in Christ.  I know if I want that invigorating power of Christ, I need to continually be obeying His Word and keeping His commandments. I need to constantly be in tune with Christ and abiding in Him.  "And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." 1 John 3:24

L-    Leaning on Christ.  The more I lean on Christ, the more I find that His power and strength are mine. Leaning on Christ gives me a boost as I live the Christian life.  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."    Psalm 46:1

L-    Living for Christ.  Someone that lives for Christ can have such a powerful life. Being an idle Christian will never get us anywhere. Living for Christ requires motion. If I'm active for Christ it will help me to have the full power of Christ on my life.   "Serve the LORD with gladness..."  Psalm 100:2

Conclusion:  I think that having the power of Christ on my life just boils down to doing what I know I need to do as a Christian and fully surrendering to the Lord in each aspect of being. I need to be daily walking with the Lord in order to have His crisp and invigorating power breezing through in my life.

So, how's your F-A-L-L?”

God Bless, Karen

No comments: