Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Some Gave All...


My Scripture today is Matthew 14:13-21



I want to ask you a Question today….Do you give it all you’ve got?  There was a time when I was made to feel really stupid, as if I couldn’t do something to save myself.  I took baton lessons from a neighbor girl at the YWCA.  I was good.  I marched in the Orange Bowl parade several times between the ages of 8 and 13.  When I went to Junior High I had big plans to be a majorette in the band….there was one small problem…I did not play an instrument.  Nothing….Nada.  I wanted to be in the band…..so I went to the introduction session where the band director tried out instruments with each student to find a perfect fit….the flute, trumpet, clarinet….none of them worked for me….and I could not read music to boot.  I attended every day for a week….hoping beyond all hope that I would fit in.  I learned a valuable lesson…when I could not even play the cymbols….somebody else’s road might seem better than my own.  I was not meant to be in the band….I was meant to sing in the choir.  I never twirled again.  I wanted people to see me twirl….I was good…..but I was not good enough.  Can any of you relate to those feelings?  Have you ever tried to be good enough at something so as to earn the respect of your friends.  This attitude is what stops a lot of people from coming to God and even stepping out to be used of God.  If only I was better at this particular area of my life then I could be used of God.  This is a great lie from the devil!!!! Let’s read and see what the Word of God says about this.

Jesus told his disciples at the big meeting….. “They don’t need to be sent away you give them something to eat”

The disciples thought….YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING JESUS THERE’S 5000 OF THEM!

Does that sound like any one you know?  Excuse me….You want me to do what God? No way, I could never do that.

The disciples said, “We only have 5 loaves and 2 fish”

Jesus responded by saying…. “Good bring them to me.”   He directed the people to sit down on the grass,

TAKING THE 5 LOAVES AND THE 2 FISH He fed everyone until they were full. 

What is the important thing here? The disciples did what they were asked and gave him the fish.  When God tells you to do something, it might take you by surprise and you might even say, “you got to be kidding” but know this  If you give to God what you have even though you think it might not be enough then, God is going to take it and you will be surprised to see what you can do with what He gives back to you.

Jesus took the five loaves of bread….and the two fish….He gave thanks and broke the loaves, then He gave them to the disciples and the disciples gave they ALL ate….and they ALL were satisfied.  Not just the ones closest to the front….Every Single One.


The disciples were just people like you and me. They couldn’t feed 5000 people on what they had, but God certainly could. In their obedience God used them to do the very thing that was impossible to them.

So, let me ask you….What have you missed out on because you have said NO to something that someone has asked you to do. Not only do you miss out on seeing God come through but so does the person that God had intended to bless through your obedience.  God goes on and shows the giver a powerful illustration on what He will get for doing Gods will.  The only condition is that we remain open to being used and be prepared to do what He calls us to do.

Remember when I tried to be a band member?  I was really embarrassed….I was the ONLY ONE NOT CHOSEN.  I was 13.  It was devastating. What mattered here….was that wasn’t God’s plan for me….being in the choir was.  I was meant to sing…..not twirl in the band.

God wants to use each one of us no matter how or what we feel about ourselves, how your game is going. Give to Him what you have and let Him use you in ways that you could never dream.

Have you said NO to God before?  Have you felt like I’ll never be good enough?

Good because that’s when God can use you, Honestly….We(on our own) will never be good enough…. but by God’s grace he enables us to do great things for Him, just give Him the opportunity.

Does God create no-hopers?

Satan will try to convince you that He does but here’s the truth,

GOD DOESN’T MAKE MISTAKES!  So go ahead...give it all you’ve got.  The disciples picked up 12 basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over

What is He saying here?

When you give out then there will always be enough left over for you, He will never leave you to go hungry.

When you start with little God can make up the shortfall.

God loves to use people who understand this principal.

After you have been used of God then you have His assurance that you are now ready to be used again.

Jesus withdrew to a place of solitude, SO SHOULD WE! The people saw where he was going and ran around the lake to meet Him when he landed. We see Jesus step out of the boat and he is into another time of ministry and healing. Jesus had just come from a great time of ministry.

Remember this:  God will always replenish your supplies from one harvest to the next.


No comments: