Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Career Do Over

I have taught high school for 27 years and loved every minute of it.  I cannot imagine doing anything else.  I turned 60 this year and all of a sudden there is a desire to do something else...so I thought what if....I could go back in time and choose a different career path for myself....what would I choose?  In order to choose I need to look at some things I would NOT be.....
1.  I am not into make-up and fashion so working at the counter of Clinique would not be for me.  Women would take one look at my plain face and whimsical fashion since and run screaming from the store.
2.  I have no depth perception so artist is definitely out.
3.  I have enjoyed dabbling with the camera Frank bought me....so I would not mind working in photography.
4.  I originally went into Elementary Ed....but fortunately I took some time to substitute and knew after a week that I was not cut out for children touching me.
5.  I loved my own children....but am not into the nasty bodily functions of ANYONE....so day care/elder care worker would not be a good match either.
So what should/would I be?????
To be honest.... I love to read and write.  I think I would love to work in publishing and pursue a writing career on the side....and hey...it is never too late to try something new.  Who knows when I retire you might just see me at Barnes and Nobles signing my latest release.

This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 2.) You HAVE to go back in time and choose a different career path for yourself. What do you choose?
If you could change careers, what would you be?  Share in the comments or link up at Kat's blog, Mama's Losin' It.

No comments: