Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, May 2, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Mess

Today is Friday and time for Five Minute Friday.  I love this day.  It is a day when I clear my head of all the trash and cobwebs running rampant and just write.  We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that Lisa Jo posts here starting at 10pm EST on Thursday night and all through Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FMFParty (It stands for Five Minute Friday Party). No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real. It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Your words. This shared feast. It’s easy to join in, just: Check what the prompt is on Lisa Jo's blog. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog. {And if you don’t have a blog, no worries! Just leave your writing as a comment on her post} Link over there by clicking here and invite friends to join in. Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url www.lisajobaker.com/2012/07/five-minute-friday-2/ } Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of her Five Minute Friday post enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky. Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you! Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community. Today's topic is Mess.

Go:
 
What a mess I have made of everything.  I have not felt well so my house is a mess.  I have been dealing with my mom's mess for a good long while and have brought the memories from her house into my office and made a mess as I begin to sort through papers, pictures, stuff.  My mom was a hoarder, so she lived in mess.  I do not want to be like her in that way so my goal is to clean up the office mess this summer, clear out her house mess this summer, and get the additional mess I have gathered on my own.....gone.  I hate mess!  But....there is more mess to life than stuff mess.  Because of my parents living with us and then having to settle their estate with no will I have made a mess of my own finances.  It is not easy to gain control of your parents assets when they have not made you their guardian or executor.....so to keep their bills current I paid them from my own money....nursing homes are expensive.....especially when you are self-pay....and because they were....it ended up making a financial mess of my own life.  My mother used to tell me that when people take the easy way out it makes a mess for someone else to clean up....I wonder if she realized she did just that to me.  Being an only child can really stink sometimes.  Life can be messy....when I had small children I chose the mess over cleanliness so that I could spend time playing with and loving on my children.  There is nothing sweeter than making mud pies with a child....or finger painting. 
 
Oh, my house was straight....but I left things undone to read to a child, hold a child, love a child.  The mess was not as important as the relationship.  So with my five minutes nearing an end....I am a mess....I am a child of God.....and so....He will create in me a clean heart!  Amen!

No comments: