Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

End of May Hodge Podge


Welcome to the last Hodgepodge in the merry month of May. I am a bit late because I was at the beach.  Answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link at the end of Joyce's post by clicking here. I understand how tempting it is to add links here for other wonderful things you've written, but please link only if you're joining the Hodgepodge. Thank you! And be sure to leave a comment for your neighbor, because that's how we roll round here.


1. What news story are you following right now?  I am too am following several.  One has to do with a local doctor who has been putting in stents that were unnecessary, to the tune of 450,000.00 worth..  Since my daughter and SIL are moving to Moldova in July to be missionaries at an orphanage I am watching stories about the Ukraine and I too am following  the story of the kidnapped Nigerian school girls, and also the story of the  Sudanese doctor (married to an American citizen) imprisoned and sentenced to death, charged with apostasy. She gave birth this week and has her newborn and her 20 month old son with her in prison. We Americans don't always realize and take for granted the freedoms we have.

 2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?  A job within the county I currently live. There was two English positions in the city system and numerous jobs in the county.  I have decided that however God moves I know God always me right where He wants me to be. Whether it is driving an hour each way for another year  and retiring at the end of the year or driving five minutes and not retiring next year.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is one side dish you hope is on the menu?
We had hamburgers Monday evening, hot off the grill at the Driftwood Lodge in Panama City Beach, FL.  We fed a good many of the motel guest and staff.   I like mine with lettuce and tomato, no cheese.  We had potato salad, chips, baked beans and numerous desserts.  I made the beans and two of the desserts.  I made "the stuff" - for the diabetics in the group and a pound cake with strawberries.  There was a ton of food and no one should have left hungry.  I love Red Robin, 5 Guys, and Whataburger if I am out and hungry.

 4. How have your priorities changed over time?  My priorities have not changed much at all.  Faith is first, then family, then friends.  My children are all grown now so getting to spend time with them is precious.  I am planning to retire at the end of the school year next year so I am sure there will be some restructuring occurring then.

 5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?  Playing guitar with my grandfather and listening to him and his friends play late at night while we were "asleep" on pallets in the other room.  My little tiny grandmother throwing pots and cast iron skillets at my grandfather.  He always managed to shut the door just in time.  My grandfather giving us all nickels to get drinks from the drink box located at his shop.  Celebrating my grandfather....and his twin brother's birthdays on Father's Day weekend.  

6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
I would say at least a nine.  I can read, work on my computer, listen to music, answer the phone, and eat at one time. 
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?  May is always a bit of a mixed bag around here. The end of the year and graduation are always a high/low experience.  We lost our principal and assistant principal.  Some of my dear friends retired.  We are out of school.  I have spent a week at the beach with some wonderful friends I think of as family.  

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.  As a teacher we don't usually get graduation invitations from students but I had four this year who were not just students, they were friends children or special students I have known a long time.  How many invitations do you usually get?  How about summer wedding invites?  We are attending a wedding tonight.

No comments: