Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - S is for Savannah

 
In keeping with my travel theme for the A-Z April Challenge I was going to tell you all about Slap-Out Alabama.  If you are a big fan of Idol then you have heard the girl who is from there sing with her amazing voice.  How did it get it's name?  It is Slap-Out in the middle of nowhere.  Instead I decided to take you to one of my most favorite southern places in the world.....Savannah.
 
 
There is nothing more beautiful than traveling up one of the tree-lined roads.  This one leads away from a gorgeous mansion. 

I cannot remember which mansion this is.  I just remember that it is creepy.  It was built on an Indian burial ground and this was part of the ghost tour.

The fountain in the middle of town.  On St. Paddy's day it is green.  It is a gorgeous photo op for sure.

Part of the historic waterfront district.  It is filled with fun and amazing little shops and cafes.  You could spend all day here and still not see it all.

On the waterfront.  A masted ship is there for your information and touring.  You should not miss this vessel of days gone by. 

 The fountain at night with the street lights all ablaze.  It is breathtaking.

Bonaventure Cemetery.  This is the front cover of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.


The waving girl was my favorite part.  If you don't get enough in Savannah then head over the bridge to Tybee Island and see beach life as it should still be.  If you are ever in the area, or are looking for a vacation with a different flair then Savannah is where you must go.  If you find yourself wanting more southern charm then head north about an hour and visit Charleston too.
 

No comments: