Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 21, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - R is for Riverside, CA

If this is Monday then it must be R for Riverside, CA.  I am a true Florida Cracker....born and raised in South Florida.  With that said of course my second favorite place to be that is most like Florida is California.  I LOVE citrus....so the next best place to being in Florida orange groves is being at the California Citrus State  Historic Park.  It does not get much better than this place. 
 
 
The design of the park is reminiscent of a 1900s city park,  complete with an activity center, interpretive structure, amphitheater, picnic area and demonstration groves. The land contained within the park still continues to produce high-quality fruits. This park preserves some of the rapidly vanishing cultural landscape of the citrus industry tells the story of this industry’s role in the history and development of California. The park recaptures the time when “Citrus was King” in California, recognizing the importance of the citrus industry in Southern California.  Kids will love this part of Riverside.  We did not have much time in Riverside.  It was really just a part of a day jaunt.  In the few hours we were there I saw things that I loved about this great country of ours and the great state of California.  
 





During the rest of our ramblings through Riverside these are some of the places we saw.  I am definitely planning to come back for a stay at the Mission Inn Spa....it is on my Bucket List for sure. 


No comments: