Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 12, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - K is for Killarney


I am taking a brief departure from my travel posts within the United States and fly across the big pond so I can share one of my favorite places in all my travels.  In 2009 I had the great joy of being in Dublin for Saint Patrick's Day.  Dublin was wonderful but my favorite part of the whole trip was a town called Killarney.  Killarney (Irish: Cill Airne, meaning "church of sloes") is a town in County Kerry, southwestern Ireland. The town is on the northeastern shore of Lough Leane, which is part of Killarney National Park. The town and its hinterland is home to St Mary's Cathedral, Ross Castle, Muckross House and Abbey, the Lakes of Killarney, MacGillycuddy's Reeks, Purple Mountain, Mangerton Mountain, the Gap of Dunloe and Torc Waterfall. Owing to its natural heritage, history and its location on the Ring of Kerry, Killarney is a popular tourist destination.  I am a huge Bing Crosby fan and the whole three days we were in Killarney I hummed or sang, "Christmas in Killarney."  It was truly a blast from the past.





















No comments: