Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 7, 2014

A-Z April Challenge - G is for Georgia

Georgia sits a little more than 3 miles from where I live and it is a "peach" of a state.  There are so many things to do in the state of Georgia that if I wrote about them all we would be here for days on end, so I am going to divide it into regions.  In North Georgia you have the mountains.  One of my favorite places to visit there would be Historic Dahlonega-

It is the site of the first major gold rush and considered to be one of the most quaint and picturesque historical towns in the North Georgia mountains. You absolutely must visit the historical square with all of the shops and restaurants....and of course you have to pan for gold.  In this general area you can visit Helen, GA a lovely German village nestled in the mountains, stop in and watch a baby being born at the Cabbage Patch factory, white water raft, see nature at its finest, and learn some amazing things about Georgia and it's history.

In the Central Part of the state you have Atlanta, Calloway Gardens, Oconee White Water Rafting adventures, The Aquarium, Museum of High Art, see the historic Fox theater. 

Shop til you drop, hike trails at one of the many parks in the area, and immerse yourself in history.  In the Southern Part of the state you can take an airboat ride through the Okeefenokee Swamp, eat some amazing peaches and pecans, take in a lot more history or just enjoy the ride.  If you are looking for the beach then head over to Tybee or St. Simons and enjoy some rustic beach life.


 
 
Georgia has it all and it is there for you to enjoy.  From Stone Mountain to the Florida line, the beach, or North Carolina  you can't do it all in one trip.  Once you have been here....you will have to come back.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I LOVE Dahlonega! We spent a couple of July 4ths there (pre-kids)...they have a wonderful celebration at the town square!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness some of those photos are so picturesque! and i sure could use some peach cobbler right about now!

Cheryl said...

What great photos. I've never been to Georgia, but I would love to visit. Our little town is known for its peaches too.

Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

stu said...

It looks like a fun place to visit.

Michelle Stanley said...

Georgia has always been a place I wanted to travel to. It has such a rich history and is a popular setting in books. I like the photos in the post and information too. Thanks. AtoZer @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com