Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 28, 2014

A-Z April Blog Challenge - X is for Xenia, OH

 
 
Xenia, OH is a city in and the county seat of Greene County, Ohio, United States. The municipality is located in southwestern Ohio 21 miles (34 km) from Dayton and is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area, as well as the Miami Valley region.  Xenia has a few nickname(s): "City of Hospitality", "Bicycle Capital of the Midwest", "X-Town." The real name comes from the Greek word Xenia (ξενία), which means "hospitality".  One of the historical facts that fascinated me about Xenia is that many of its residents supported the Underground Railroad in the years before the Civil War.  Xenia is not someplace I would want to put on my Bucket List of Places to See Before I Die....but it was interesting and I am glad we took a rest stop there.  The name, the history, the people made the stop worthwhile. 

  File:Xenia Buildings.png
 
One of my favorite things.... covered bridges

Family Tree Genealogy place!
 
I am always fascinated by Native American History and Tecumseh has always been someone I have loved reading about. 

The reason I remember Xenia, OH.  This was one of the darkest days in the history of the town....yet the town survived.  They have an amazing spirit.

No comments: