Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 7, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Willing

It is that time of the week again.  My favorite time.  A time when I clear my head of cobwebs because I just write.  I don't correct, I don't rethink, I just close my eyes and let the words flow.  We write for five minutes flat.  So on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Your words. This shared feast. It’s easy to join in, just: Check what the prompt is on Lisa Jo's blog. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog. {And if you don’t have a blog, no worries! Just leave your writing as a comment on her post} Link over there and invite friends to join in. Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url.   Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of my Five Minute Friday post enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky. Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you! Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community. The word for today is:
Willing


Go:


I have a huge problem.  I am a YES person.  I am always telling people "yes."  I am always willing.  Herein lies the problem.  I am too willing and sometimes cannot do my best because I am over-extended.  Several years ago I was asked by our District Superintendent to take a church.  For once in my life I said, "no," without a second thought.....or without even asking God for His opinion.  In 2013 while comfortably teaching Sunday School and being a pastor's wife God gave me a stronger call.  His voice came to me in the scriptures of a Sunday School lesson on Isaiah 6:8: "
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” 
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”  This is willing.  It took me several weeks to get the message and when I did, in a motel room in Panama City Beach, FL I opened to that verse, prayed, and answered to God, "Yes, Lord I am willing, use me."  A month later I was filling a pulpit at Midway United Methodist Church.  I was willing.  I did not think I was able, but if God was calling I was willing.  Let me tell you this has been a world wind of a courtship with God.  I have found that He is willing to let me lead His people then I am willing to serve.  Willingness is an adjective.  It means 1. Disposed or inclined; prepared: I am willing to overlook your mistakes.  2. Acting or ready to act gladly; eagerly compliant: "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41).  3. Done, given, accepted, or borne voluntarily or ungrudgingly. See Synonyms at voluntary4. Of or relating to exercise of the will; volitional. So, here I am, use me Lord because I am willing to do your will.  This time saying "YES" was not a bad thing.  It was the willingness thing.

1 comment:

Mom to 3 said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing your brave journey of being willing to the doors God has opened for you in your life. I love the verses that you shared. Thank you for your encouragement to be willing to answer God's call in our lives. I am stopping by from FMF. Have a lovely weekend.