Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 7, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Bare

Take a deep breath. You made it. It’s Friday. Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted.  Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here to Lisa Jo's blog and invite others to join in.
3. Go buck wild with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you. 
Won’t you give your best five minutes for the prompt:

Bare….

GO
Writing to me is making myself bare my soul to my audience.  I have shared so much in my blog over the years that it really surprises me.  I grew up hiding things from the world.  I did not want the world to know what was hiding in my closet.  Blogging was easy...I could hide behind the mask of a computer screen...anonymous, but once the words begin to flow there I was.....bare to the world.  I could not seem to stop my words. Over the past  5+ years I have shared stories that I had never shared with anyone before.  I have laid wounds open for all to see.  I have bared my soul countless times. I will tell you honestly that writing takes courage from me. Sometimes that courage is on me like a knights armor, and other times I feel bare and  brittle as all of my hurts, pain, silliness, hatred, doubts and fears come flowing out.  This bare feeling I get when writing reminds me a day so long ago when I knelt at an alter in my home church and bared my soul to Jesus and asked for forgiveness.  I knew I had to lay it all out there for Him.  I could not cover any of the ugly.  He shed his blood for me....so I had to shed my past for Him.  I had to be broken.....I had to be empty.....I had to be ...bare.  I find whenever I am writing.....that in order to stretch...I have to bare all....and let those topics that hurt most come forth....and ask forgiveness from some....and give forgiveness to others. 
STOP

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

My favorite blogs to read are the ones where I feel the writer is "real". I like that you put it all out there. No body has a "3 cookie day" (Max Lucada) all the time. I think it's the hard "stuff" that's intermingled with our regular "stuff" that makes for an honest blog and one I enjoy! Great post, Karen!