Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday's Tasty Tidbits for the Holidays

I have found some wonderful new recipes that I had to share for the holidays.  I don't know about you but I love apples and I love pralines and the thought of the two together thrills me to the core.  My lunch bunch is going to sample this on Monday. 

Apple Praline Bread

1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Brown Sugar...
2 - Eggs
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cups peeled and finely chopped Fuji or Braeburn apples
1 Cup Pecans or Walnuts (Divided into 2 half cups)

Praline Sauce

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease bread loaf pan with butter. With an electric mixer or by hand, beat together eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Then add in the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together until thoroughly blended.

Before transferring into your lightly greased bread loaf pan, fold in the apples and 1/2 cup of nuts. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of nuts on top and gently press them into the mixture. Bake at 350 for approximately 60 minutes. Or until center comes out clean when tested. Let cool in loaf pan for 15-20 minutes. Let cool down completely on a cooling rack.
Using a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to LOW and let simmer for a minute or until the sauce thickens. Immediately pour over cooled bread. Let cool completely.


Bugle Santa Hats
This cute little snack is way to easy and oh so good.  They really make a festive table.
Ingredients:
Bugles
Christmas colored M&Ms;...
White almond bark (found in baking section)

Directions:
Melt the almond bark in a double boiler (or microwave, if you use one, I don't) Don't let moisture get in or the almond bark will get chunky.
Dip the open end of the Bugel into the almond bark...
top with an M&M.
Lay on wax paper to cool and harden.

1 comment: