Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Our God Comes

 
About The CD:  Antioch Live’s second all-original release, Our God Comes, carries the heart of the church and movement that is Antioch. Recorded live in Texas, the music is seasoned with flavors of progressive rock and pop with strains of folk. Specializing in anthems of the solid character of God (Wonderful Counselor, God and King, One Hundred Three and the title track, Our God Comes) as well as vulnerable admissions of personal humanity (I Will Raise, How Much More and Savior Forever), Antioch Live delivers a breathtaking follow-up to their first all-original release, Forever Sound. Other songs of note are Come and God Who Saves.

About Anitoch Church:  Straight from Antioch's website I found that they "are a people on mission, with a passion for Jesus and His purposes in the earth.  That means from the local coffee shop to the remotest edge of southeast India, we are to proclaim the word of God in truth and in love. As a people on mission for Christ, we share the passions of God’s heart for one another, for our city, for our nation and for the nations of the earth.
We will empower each person in the church to live a Kingdom lifestyle.We follow Jesus by encountering and obeying Him in our daily lives.
We will be part of transforming Waco, Texas.We will serve and reach out, both through specific church ministries and in each of our lives.
We will seek to make the Church a voice of love and truth in the United States.We will continue to plant churches and raise up church partners throughout the country.
We will partner with God to see the Church change the world.We will send short-term and long-term teams throughout the earth to reach as many people as we can with the love of God."

My Thoughts About The CD:  One of my favorite things to do is sing in church and so when I have a chance to preview music for church I am delighted.  I did not know what to expect from Antioch and all I can say is WOW!!! I cannot remember a time that music had that kind of effect on me.  It literally blew me away.  love worship music and Our God Comes blew me away!  I spend an hour each way in my car five days a week and this CD has just made that hour a time of worship and prayer. This would be a great gift for someone, or for yourself.  I am definitely going to check out some of Antioch's other music. 

Disclaimer:  Thanks to B&B Media for a complimentary copy of this CD in exchange for my review. All opinions are mine alone and I was not paid for a favorable response.

No comments: