Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Countdown Has Begun

I live in the South where football reigns from August to December.  You do not plan weddings, reunions, deaths, funerals, anything during this time frame unless it is an away game.  I am not a football fan....yet, for some funny reason...some of my favorite movies are Remember the Titans, Rudy, Blind Side, Facing the Giants, We Are Marshall, Radio, etc...If there is a tender story in a football movie....I love it.  I did graduate from college so you would think I would be a huge football fan....but I am not.  I do pull for my Benjamin Russell Wildcats (high school football).  I am a graduate from Auburn University....AND the University of Alabama.  I love both campuses.  I am glad to be part of them.  I do not choose sides....and if I have not already told you...I will tell you now.  I am NOT a football fan.  My precious Frank, on the other hand, is a huge Seminole fan.  He loved them so much that he has a Seminole tat on his right upper arm....and it is because of him that I am fully aware of how many days until kickoff.  30 days for Florida State and 28 for Auburn and Alabama.  With that said I thought I would add my small contribution today to college football.
Of course this is for my sistahs too.  I have just as many female friends who love football.  Whether you truly like football(high school, college, or pro)....or live in a house where football is King...this is for you!  Can I get an Amen?

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am not a fan at all but I do watch the Superbowl! I am with you on the movies, I love them too.