Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Worship

According to Lisa Jo's blog, "We make it something that must reek of Hemingway, Lewis, or Lamott before we’re brave enough to share it.  Why?  Who says?  You see I think the quiet secret is that you can be a writer and no one needs to recognize your name to make that any more or less true. I think your story matters. The one you write at midnight in 600 word blog posts. The one you scrapbook. The one you piece together for your kids as you fill them in on what grandpa and grandma were like.  You are a writer.  You actually already are.  Don’t believe me? There are over 300 brave writers who throw caution and their last names to the wind and gather here weekly to just write. With wild and loving abandon.  And today – I’ve invited that group over to my other online home, the beautiful, virtual beach house called (in)courage, where you’re always welcome – just the way you are…"  It is because of a statement much like this that I read on her blog that I actively participate in Five Minute Fridays.  I hope you will too....
How to Join: It’s easy to join in, just:
1.  Check what the prompt is.
2.  Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog (or in the comments below if you don’t have a blog).
3.  Link over here and invite friends to join in.
4.  Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-story}
4.  Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of my Five Minute Friday post enter your link.
5.  It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky.
6.  Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky.
Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.  (As for all other rules, we like to break ‘em - just ask Gretchen).

 
So, now be brave, set your timer and clear your head for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right. OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on the word::

Worship: 

GO: 
I ask myself this morning. as I sit to write....just what is worship?   This is what I come up with.  Worship is the feeling or expression of reverence for a deity.  In my case it is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  Worship is something I do every morning and afternoon on Hwy 22 going to and from work.  I do it in song/prayer.  I look forward to my worship time then.  I usually pray half way and then celebrate with worship music the other half of the trip.  By the time I get to school I am all prayed up.  I reverse it on the way home.  I start with music and end in prayer and by the time I get home Frank does not get the brunt of a bad day. 
I truly believe that I was made to bring pleasure to God in worship.  From the first moment I stepped in a choir loft to sing God’s praises….whether it be a chancel choir….singing traditional music….or the Arbor singing contemporary songs….I am loving my God with every lyric, note, movement to the max.  When I sing on Sunday’s….it is a case of total surrender for me….for a brief shining moment….I totally abandon myself into His arms….worship for me…..is a lifestyle.  If I could only do one thing in my life…..it would be worship.  When I go to church on Sunday….or Weds….or whatever day….it is my safety zone, my happy place … a place where I can find God….when I can’t seem to find Him anywhere else.  I am refreshed here….I am revived here….I am renewed here….I am alive and I worship!  This is what it is for me.....

We Have Come Into His House
Verse 1:
We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Him
We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Him
We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Him
Worship Christ the Lord. Worship Him, Christ the Lord
Verse 2:
Let's forget about ourselves concentrate on Him and worship Him
Let's forget about ourselves concentrate on Him and worship Him
Let's forget about ourselves concentrate on Him and worship Him
Worship Christ the Lord. Oh Worship Him, Jesus Christ the Lord
Verse 3:
Let's forget about ourselves magnify His Name and worship Him
Let's forget about ourselves magnify His Name and worship Him
Let's forget about ourselves magnify His Name and worship Him
Worship Christ the Lord. Oh Worship Him, Jesus Christ the Lord.  Yep....worship....a feeling or expression of reverence for my Father...no matter where you might be and no matter how you choose to express yourself.  Can I get an Amen!
 
STOP:

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Lovely. Popping in from FMF at (in)courage this week.

Aileen said...

"I truly believe that I was made to bring pleasure to God in worship." I believe this too. It's also the only thing we can give back to Him, for His wonderful love. (visiting from FMF)