Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Star-Spangled Hodge Podge


Welcome to a star spangled version of the Wednesday Hodgepodge! I know the whole world isn't celebrating America's independence, but I love the 4th of July. It's the middle of summer, watermelon and blueberries are in abundance, and hopefully you have friends and family gathered round too.
 Okay,here are this week's questions and my answers.  When you get through posting your questions and answers be sure to link back to Joyce's blog and enjoy everyone else's responses.  You learn alot about people that way.


1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?  Spend as much time as I can with my daughter, Kat and dear friend Susan.

2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.  If you are going to come here, live here, work here....then do it legally.  I am not asking you to give up your culture....but if you are here....then at least learn the language.

3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?  I have a table I decorate for the holiday at hand and I have a red top with blue and white stars on it.

4. Is your house set up for a party?  It can be when I decide to throw one.  I love hosting parties and having guests and depending what the event will depend on how it is set up. 

5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?  Anchorage, AK  It is located in one of the two American states I have not visited (Alaska and Vermont).

6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food? Strawberries, cool whip or ice cream, and blueberries. I make a trifle that is red, white, and blue...and sugar free. 

7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?  The freedom of speech.  In this great country we all have a right to different opinions.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Frank asked me to marry him on July 4th after we finished performing at Thunder on the Hooch in Phenix City.  What is your favorite July 4th memory?

No comments: