Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Breakfast at Jeff's Place

For quite a while we have eaten Saturday morning breakfast with Beth and Ron at the Farmhouse Restaurant.  It was a charming little restaurant with country décor, good food, great service, and fellowship.  Last Saturday we heard that she would be closing soon due to progress.  Hwy 22 runs through Roanoke downtown and the beautification board has put little islands throughout the downtown area.....the semi trucks are running over them.....so they are changing the route of Hwy 22 to accommodate the trucks and keep the islands from being destroyed.  The Farmhouse Restaurant is right in the way of where the turn lane is going to be.....sigh....so several of the buildings next to the Farmhouse are leaving us.  Mary Messer's Florist has relocated in a shopping center on the corner of Hwy 22 and Hwy 431.  The Farmhouse could not find a fit.....so....earlier than we thought...she has closed.  Beth, Ron, Frank, and I talked about it and decided we would try Jeff's Place out by the Stockyards.  I don't do change well....and we don't have a lot of breakfast places in Roanoke that are not fast food.  Huddle House would have been our only other option....and non of us were too thrilled with that choice....til we found Jeff's.  When Frank and I walked in I was pleasantly surprised.  One of my favorite waitresses from T.J. Rockers was there, the décor was cute, and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.  Their toast is actually fried bread.  This is something my momma used to make on the weekends.  She would either do fried toast....or on Sunday after we had biscuits on Saturday morning....she would fry the left overs. Jeff's is open from 7 in the morning til 9 at night.  The Farmhouse had weird hours.  I think we have found our home away from the Farmhouse home.  Looks like Saturday breakfast has changed locations.  I will miss the Farmhouse and all the sweet people who worked there...but I am glad we have found a new breakfast home.

No comments: