Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whom Shall I Send.....Send Me

My daughter Kat and her husband Brian are very passionate for a mission organization called Stella's Voice.  They left on June 3rd to go and work with these wonderful children.  Brian came home a week later and Kat has stayed behind to coordinate groups coming during the month of June.  She will be home on the 27th.  She will be working with groups from Scotland, Canada, and Florida.  This is my child's calling.  I am so very proud of her and her passion for the children.  She is working with Phillip Cameron Ministries and Stella's Voice so let me tell you a little bit about them....what they do....why they exist....and hopefully you will see why my daughter loves them so much.  "Stella's Voice is the last cry that remains from an orphaned girl who was sold, used, and dead from AIDS by 19. There is no one in the entire world more vulnerable to sex trafficking than orphaned girls; no one knows or cares when they disappear into the night. And there is no country that fuels the engine of sex trafficking in all of Europe more than Moldova.

Stella's Voice provides a home for poverty-ridden girls in Moldova after they are aged out of the state-run orphanages at the young age of 16. The ministry also has the only Christian orphanage in the country, as well as a separate home for boys.

Stella's Voice is more than a cry for help and rescue. It is also a beacon of help and hope, making an eternal difference for desperate children."

"I am an orphan. No one cares about me. I am hungry. I am cold. I am despised. I am abandoned. I am abused. I am Stella’s Voice. A voice is all that is left of Stella, a handicapped orphan. Homeless, powerless, silenced. Used by evil men. Dead at nineteen. I am Stella’s Voice. I am the voice of orphans. I am their prayer for food, for warmth, for love. I am their cry for protection from sex traffickers. Will you be Stella’s Voice too? Together, we can make her voice louder. Together, our prayers are more powerful. Together, we can make a difference. Will you be Stella’s Voice?"

Through my child I have developed a heart for missions....whether they be here in the United States or anywhere else in the world.  When she was a child I taught her Mission Friends group.  I taught her about missions.  I just did not think she would be the missionary to hear the call.  The hymn  "Here I Am, Lord" has never been one I cared about because I truly felt that God did not intend for me to be a missionary....across the big pond and in my mind that is what the song was asking for.  But I have learned that God can use you in many ways and we may not all be called to be missionaries....but we are all called to do something...and God has called me for a specific task.  Isaiah 6:8 has been nagging at me for a while...."8 Then I heard the Lord’s voice saying, “Whom should I send, and who will go for us?”  I said, “I’m here; send me.”  So....yesterday I got a call....not the first one....but one I don't think I can put on hold.  My response today is going to be, "Here I am Lord send me."  If you are reading this today I am asking that you pray for my child as she listens to God's call and does his work....across the big pond in Moldova, and pray for me as I accept God's call for a new direction in my life.  I will post more later when I am ready to reveal my newest hat.

No comments: