Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, June 6, 2013

If It Is Thursday Then This Must Be Charleston

The third leg of our journey began early this morning as we got up, dress, and headed out for Charleston.  From our house it is a 6+ hour drive....in light rain....with an hour time change.  Our first stop was at Sandy's (grandmother/mother) of the groom.  I love to visit with Sandy and breathe in her garden.  She has an amazing green thumb. Her backyard looks like an English garden.  Everywhere you look there are flowers, doo-dads, gates, and bird baths beckoning....and they always beckon me.   We visited with her and her sister Debbie for a couple of hours then headed to our hotel to check in.



After checking in we went to see one of my oldest and dearest friends and her husband, Jeff.  Good for me they retired from the Navy and moved to Summerville.  We had a great time with them....Carol and I looked at her scrapbooks....they are all dated...from 1964 to present.  She has done an amazing job on them. 
Carol's graduation picture.  We have known each other since we were five.
 
The gang at Carol and Jeff's wedding.  Left to right - Kathy Duck Stephens, Donna McAdams, Carol Geiger Dunlap, Karen Korb

Carol and Jeff - 30+ years later and still very much in love.
 
Left to right - Laura, baby Lucas, Rebecca (Jeremy's wife), Julia, her husband, Andrew and baby Alex.  Carol and Jeff have a beautiful family and two precious little grandsons.  After our visit we went to North Charleston and had dinner at our favorite place....Wild Wing Café.  Back at the hotel by 7:45 and now it is time to crash.  The wedding is tomorrow night at 7 out on Sullivan's Island.  I am thrilled for Alan and his fiancé Chelsea.  I wish them all the best.  Pray the weather holds out until at least Saturday.  I personally would love to see Andrea stall over the Gulf...or Atlantic.  Today was pretty messy and I am ready to crash....and it isn't even 9 our time. 

Are they not one of the cutest couples you have ever seen?

No comments: