Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hodge Podge - Vol 129


Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge...answer on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow to see what the neighbors are saying.

1. What do you think makes a good dad?  Someone who is a fair disciplinarian, is open-minded, allows his kids to make mistakes, spends quality time with his children, leads by example, is supportive and loyal, challenges his kids and teaches his children.  Oh!  We are talking about MY dad!

2. What's something you learned from your own father?  "God doesn't want your capability. He only wants your availability. If you'll give Him your availability, He'll provide the capability."

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?  One of my friend Deborah's Cakes.  She is a caterer and I love her cakes.  It would be Lemon Cream Cheese or just plain white on white cake.  Her cakes will absolutely melt in your mouth. 
 
4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons?  I tend to go both ways.  More often than not I will be in prayer about it.  I am this way even with the small stuff.  Although, sometimes if I get a strong feeling about something I am a go with my gut kind of girl.  Other times if there is no gut feeling I will weigh the pros and cons and do a whole lot of praying about it.

5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?  I am not a huge dairy fan.  Dairy and I don't get along really well.  I do love ice cream and yogurt.  If I have to have dairy those are my choices.

6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?  All the lighthouses in Floriday.  About a year ago my dear friend Susan and I got a Lighthouse passport and we want to get a stamp for every lighthouse in Florida....then move on to the other states.  I would love to complete the book.

7. Are you typical of your generation?  I am a baby boomer and somewhat typical of my generation.  I am a bit free spirited but as  Christian I tend to be more grounded by the Word. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. Please pray for my friend Susan and her family.  I got an email just a bit ago from her that read:  Talked with mom's hospice nurse yesterday and she said mom wants to see her son and then she is going to be with Jesus. Even though this is hard I am rejoicing knowing she is ready to be with her Lord. Today mom told Carol (my sister) that she wanted to see her children and that she was tired and can feel His presence. Keep us in your prayers as I will be picking up my sister in South Carolina tomorrow and head down to Orlando. Chuck will be flying down on Thursday evening rent a car get my brother and hopefully a couple of friends, and bring Joel up to see mom. Pray for traveling mercy for all of us and for my mom:)....Susan
Susan is my oldest and one of my dearest friends.  She is my soulmate.  We can be apart for a many months and when we are together again it is as if our conversation continues.  I feel her presence in my heart daily.  Please pray for her....this is a tough time....I know I have been there.

No comments: