Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Father's Day Tribute

I got up this morning to write this post about my dad, yet as I sat here I had so much more to say so please excuse my ramblings and understand that these guys are/were important in my life.  The first man in my life was my daddy.  I loved him dearly and like most little girls thought he was the most handsome man on the face of the earth.  I became who I am because of this man (and my momma too).  He taught me how to love, be loved, share, tll a good story, but most of all he taught me to love God.  My father was a Christian and when it was time to leave this earthly home I had no doubt of where he would be going.  My father loved and cared for people.  He was an amazing man.  He had the prettiest white hair, the most infectious smile/laugh, strong hands, a wonderful hug....and a story for everything. 
(my dad is on the right and Bob Berry is on the left)
(Tenessee Ernie Ford look alike - my dad on Georgia Avenue)

(my brother Dougie, my dad, and me)
 
(back row - cousins:  Garry, Mark, Rob, Jerry - front row  my dad at his 80th birthday party.)
The second man in my life is my son, Eric.  He is the father of my grandchildren and he is a very special young man.  I love him dearly too.  I married his dad when he was almost five but before we married Eric had wound his hand around my heart and he would hold on to it forever.  He is fun to be with, loving, hard working, a loving father and husband, andbut most of all he is a Christian.  He accepted Christ last Father's Day in my father's church, Kellyton Baptist.  He called me in Canada to let me know what he had done and I have been so very impressed with who he has become.  I like to think I had a small part in him becoming the man he is today.  I adore him.
 

 


The next important guy in my life is Stephen, our son-in-law.  He is in the military and he and our daughter, Amy live in Fort Walton Beach.  They are new parents and their precious sweetheart Amelia will be one in July.  He is funny, hard working, loves games, a family man, is a good dad, a loving husband, and just an all around great guy.  I enjoy his company and his stories. 




The last guy on my list of favorites for today is my special guy.  He is my precious husband, Frank.  I love him dearly.  He is funny, passionate about his God, people, and his scroll saw work, talented, an amazing cook, loving, a good dad, a wonderful husband.  He is my best friend.  He makes traveling fun and always has a good story or two to tell.  I am amazed when I sit in his church as one of his congregation and listen to him preach.  He is a Christian.  If I had to pick a man who was near to what my daddy was.....it would be Frank.  He touches lives just like my dad did.  I am a truly blessed woman.
(Frank and brother, Bill - Aunt Kay and mom, Connie)

(Frank and Holly)

(Dancing for applause at the fair)

(niece, Kelly, Frank, and daughter Amy)

(Preacherman)

(Traveling buddy in our new ride)


I would be remiss to say that these are the only Fathers in my life.  There are so many more and I wish I could tell you about each one of them and their impact on my life....but time is slipping away and it is getting close to time for me to go and worship my Heavenly Father.  Happy Father's Day to all dads out there.  I hope you have a wonderful day....get breakfast in bed....and do what you want to do.....but most of all....spend time with the ones you love. 

No comments: