Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Welcome to another edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Everyone is welcome to join the Hodgepodge here on Wednesdays...just answer the questions on your own blog then add a link back to your answers at the end of Joyce's post.
Here are mine~


1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?  Church stuff(Clean up day, Homecoming), birthdays (a large number of my family have April birthdays, allergies, pollen.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?  I  am like Joyce and think its a combination of nature and nurture. Some children come into this world with a gentle spirit that seems tuned in to the needs and emotions of the world around them and they almost automatically extend compassion. Others need to have that modeled for them and it's our job as parents to do just that. 
 
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?  I am a chick flick girl all the way with a good comedy thrown in.  I do, however, like a good action movie once in a while (like Olympus Has Fallen)
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying, "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or disagree?
I love a good ball park hotdog....but dinner at the Ritz wins out hands down. 

5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
We have just done a beautification project and the city itself is looking really spiffy.  There are still a number of buildings that need to be rennovated or torn down. The roads are full of pot holes and there is one road that if you hit the pot hole it will jar your teeth.

6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
The Rose - Janis Joplin
Daisy A Day - Jud Strunk (makes me cry)
Red Roses for a Blue Lady - Bobby Vinton
18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses - Kathy Mattea
A White Sports Coat and A Pink Carnation - Marty Robbins
(Remember I am the Queen of Music)

7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe in life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
I believe God created the heavens and the earth....and yes I do believe in life on other planets...not necessarily human....but not alien either.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you and your significant other/husband have a song you call yours?  Mine and Franks is "Keeper of the Stars" as sung by Tracy Byrd.  I would love to hear yours.

No comments: