Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthday Week Hodge Podge

My birthday was on Monday.  That was also Tax Day, the day Lincoln died, the day the Titanic sank.  What a great day in history.  I am doing A-Z Challenge and have chosen history as my topic.  I was not sure I could work it in with Hodge Podge each week so I decided to just do two separate entries.  Okay-so.....if you're playing along with the Hodgepodge today be sure to add your link to the bottom of Joyce's post by clicking here before you run off to visit the neighbors. Here we go~


1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income taxes...my birhtday.......what's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
I'm going with the first thing that popped into my head-laundry. I find that job extremely taxing. It is a never ending job.  It seems that the minute I have it all done.....Frank changes clothes and I am starting all over.

2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
Olives and okra are my two favorite O foods.  I love friend okra and olives stuffed with pimento.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
Using a rotary dial phone with a party line.  It was so much fun to pick up and eavesdrop on the neighbors.  Using a typewriter.  Using a non-electric percolator coffee pot.  These are things I loved as a child.

4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
You really don't want me to get started here.  Yes....I believe two terms and you are done.  Politicians like Strom Thurman are ridiculous.  I also believe that once they leave....they leave...period.  No drawing their salary for the rest of their life.  They go back to whatever they did...and draw that salary....and we wonder why we are in debt?

5.
On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'....when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
We took a midnight ride in Orlando when we were there last Spring.

6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
I don't like either....but the mouse would be the number one nemesis.

7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
-about God and my relationship with Him.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have joined the ranks of the Duck Dynasty fans.  I love this show.  I love the fact that they pray all together at the dinner table, don't cuss, teach some lesson. Do you watch it and who is your favorite character?  Mine is Jase and Si.

No comments: