Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Frank, Mrs. Betty Jean and Eating "Real" Food

Frank preached Friday at Roanoke First and our ladies provided lunch for the group attending.  We decided on soup and sandwiches.  Our ladies really shine when it comes to providing a meal.  We had Subway sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, vegetable soup, chicken noodle soup, chips, tea, pound cakes.  It was yummy and not much was left.  I am so proud of our women at Rock Mills.  There was a nice crowd and Frank's sermon focused on Jesus' last words, "It is finished." 

Today is Mrs. Betty Jean's birthday so I want to wish her a happy one.  She is a baker extraordinaire and her cakes are the rave of the Roanoke area.  She baked one of the pound cakes for the luncheon yesterday, a cake for a funeral lunch, AND a rabbit cake for the Easter Egg hunt at the church.  Her cake baking skills amaze me!



I got an e-mail from Mrs. Sherry this week that we were gathering on Friday at her house for supper.  We would be eating "real" food.   I laughed out loud and wondered about the "fake" food we have been eating all this time.   I made "the stuff" ( sugar free trifle) and deviled eggs.  I figured those were real foods. We had pork, chicken, zipper peas, Lima beans (yuck), pear salad, deviled eggs, cabbage with sausage, corn bread, and rolls.  Sandra made an Easter cake that was so pretty.   The "real" food was delish.  I love these gatherings.  The company is fun, the fellowshipping is wonderful, and the house always overflows with love.  It in these moments that I feel a sense of peace and feel as if I have lived here forever.  I thank God for bringing us to Rock Mills.  He definitely knew that I needed to be part of this family.

No comments: